2.11.2011

Shopping for Sweets


If you haven't noticed, I really enjoy shopping for sweets. I believe it's much more fun to order a dozen ice cream cupcakes before you've had breakfast than to search for shoes or clothes. These dark hot chocolates on a spoon (or a stick) that I saw on Say Yes to Hoboken have my name written all over them. They'd make it so easy to have the kind of hot chocolate I love, the kind that isn't too thick, rich or the consistency of hot fudge. I prefer deep dark chocolate swirled into steaming milk. I'd even use these to turn my decaf lattes into mochas. I sometimes put a pinch of chili powder in my hot chocolate, so I'm curious about the three-chili flavor, too. I love supporting small businesses and this one was started by two moms in California. What's even more impressive is that they have seven children between the two of them.
These fat, fluffy marshmallows from Whimsy & Spice, a Brooklyn company that sells handmade sweets with a hint of spice would take my hot chocolate to new heights. They come in cool flavors like cardamom, caramel, maple, espresso and a few others. I've been meaning to take a trip to the Brooklyn Flea to try them and some of Whimsy & Spice's other sweets, but if I don't make it there this Sunday, I think it's time to just place an order. I should probably throw in some biscotti and shortbread, too.

(I'm so in need of a sweets intervention.)

Have a great weekend!

Photo credits: #1 from The Ticket Kitchen, #2 from Whimsy & Spice



2 comments:

Sasa said...

Intervention schmintervention, it's all good ;P Those spoon hot chocolate things are just adorable.

Lia said...

You're right, Sasa! I need to get some.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...