5.04.2011

By Brooklyn


Back when I thought we might move to New Jersey, I came up with an idea for a small business. The towns we were considering were full of Brooklyn transplants and and I assumed that they missed all their favorite Brooklyn foods as much as I knew I would. I thought it'd be smart to open a shop that carried things from Brooklyn like Mast Brothers chocolate, Sixpoint beer, Salvatore Bklyn ricotta, treats from One Girl Cookies, you get the idea.

Looks like Gaia DiLoreto, the owner of By Brooklyn, a new store that opened last week, had a similar idea. The only difference is that she decided to open up shop right here in Brooklyn and offer the best local products all in one place. By Brooklyn carries food, housewares, jewelry and more. Everything is made in Brooklyn, of course.

Oh, and I still think a store like this would do well in a New Jersey suburb that's full of former Brooklynites. Since I don't plan to leave the city anytime soon, feel free to steal the idea from me.

Image: PB & J bar from Liddabit Sweets

By Brooklyn
261 Smith Street
Carroll Gardens Brooklyn



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...