3.25.2011

A Sandwich in the Sun


I was in Cobble Hill a few times last week. I already told you how I tortured myself at Van Leeuwen since I couldn't try any of their artisanal ice cream or baked goods. Another day I had a bunch of errands to run and needed something quick to eat. I wanted to try Van Horn Sandwich Shop, a new spot on Court Street that serves Southern style sandwiches. Their menu looked great, but it was such a warm, sunny day and I really wanted to sit outside. I ended up at Cafe Pedlar, one of my favorite places in Cobble Hill that I've mentioned before. It's another great place from the guys behind Frankies Spuntino and Prime Meats and most Cafe Pedlar's food comes from The Bake Shop at Frankies Spuntino. I bought one of their pretzel sandwiches, a simple lunch that I've fallen back on many times. A plump pretzel brushed with a hearty swipe of sweet butter and topped with ham and cheese, it was the perfect thing to eat while sitting outside and sipping a freshly squeezed orange juice from Nectar.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...