3.16.2011

A Daytime Date


We've been busy selling our apartment and looking for a new one, but Daniel and I managed to sneak in a daytime date on Saturday. My Mom got us tickets for an off-Broadway play as an early present for our upcoming anniversary. Beforehand, we had lunch at Sfoglia, an Italian restaurant on the Upper East Side that I've wanted to try for a while. It was so nice to relax, share two appetizers, a few pastas (ravioli with Italian kale, ricotta, brown butter and walnuts was our favorite), have a little wine and some time to ourselves. We both liked Sfoglia a lot, but I found myself even more drawn to the restaurant's rustic decor and little splashes of sophistication. I loved the chandeliers, the mismatched tables, and the bar's green and pink swirly marble and squares of antique tin ceilings. Oh, and for parents with rambunctious little ones, I think daytime dates are the way to go. You don't have to worry about getting home too late and you won't be tired the next morning.

Sfoglia
195 East 92nd Street (corner of Lexington)
Upper East Side, Manhattan
212-831-1402



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...