1.13.2011

Yellow Cauliflower, Purple Potato and Emmentaler Gratin

Sometimes, a sleepless night can have a silver lining.

This was mine the other day after a long night with Leo. Cooking has a way of helping me get through the day when all I want to do is climb back into bed.

Except this time around, I did climb back in. Daniel started cooking. He made pork tenderloin with leeks, a pot of brown rice, and this simple cauliflower gratin with salt, pepper, some cream and grated Emmentaler on top. When I woke up, I added the purple potatoes, tucking them into any little pocket I could find, loving the deep, dark color they added to an already pretty dish.

After about 30 minutes in the oven at 400 degrees, it was golden and bubbly with a crispy, melty crust. We were too hungry and happy to have such a wonderfully warm and comforting meal that we dug in and forgot to take more photos. We even forgot how tired we were, for a little while at least. It was that good.




Site Meter

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...