1.03.2011

A Place to Play in Greenpoint + Good Food


For my latest Mommy Poppins post, I spent a few mornings at Play in Greenpoint. Nico's beloved G train drops us off just a few blocks away and for lunch or a coffee to go, Five Leaves is nearby. The owners Wade and Katja are a lovely, creative and very inspiring couple who also have a children's clothing line Phoenix and Nola, named after their 19-month old twins. Bloomingdale's now carries the line, but you can check everything out at Play, too. For Christmas, I bought my nieces soft sweatshirts in the sweetest shades of lavender and pink, plus grey leggings with buttons on the ankles. If they came in my size, I would have bought similar outfits for myself. They're that cute.

Wade's worked at a bunch of Manhattan hot spots and we spent a lot of time talking about restaurants and food. He's the one who reminded me that Five Leaves is practically next door, and Fiore and El Amacen are his two other neighborhood favorites. The next time Daniel and I are able to sneak away for a dinner alone, we'll be at one of those.
















Site Meter

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...